What is exploded and packaged deployment?
The classic way of deploying a (web) application to a Java EE container involves packaging all the classes and resources into one file (WAR or EAR) and uploading it to the server, or pointing the server to it. We refer to such type of deployment as packaged.
Most containers also support an alternative way of deploying an application, where you create a directory with a WAR or EAR structure and point the container to it. This is usually referred to as exploded.
- What do I have to change in my application for JRebel to work?
- How do I know JRebel is working?
- Does JRebel support JVM vendor X version Y?
- Does JRebel support my application container?
- Does JRebel support my framework?
- View all