Finding the right Java tool can be hard — especially when making the choice between a commercial or open-source tool can have compound consequences during production.
Commercial vs Open-Source Tools in Java
Join Java experts Justin Reock, Chief Architect at OpenLogic, and Michael Rasmussen, JRebel Team Lead, for a discussion on popular tools within the Java ecosystem — and why both commercial and open-source tools can play an important role for developers, and within the landscape at large.
Watch the Webinar
In this webinar, Justin and Michael discuss:
- The Origin of Open-Source Technologies Within the Java Ecosystem
- Popular Commercial Java Technologies and Their Open-Source Counterparts
- Why These Technologies Can and Should Coexist Within the Java Ecosystem
- Discussions on Jenkins vs Cloudbees, Kafka vs Confluent, and More
You can view the full webinar above.
Looking for additional insights into popular Java tools and Java as a language? Be sure to check out these articles:
- Java Build Tools for Dependency Management
- 5 Command Line Tools You Should Be Using
- Developer Productivity Report 2017: Java Tools Usage
- Exploring New Features in Java
See what JRebel can do for you with a free, 10-day trial!